The latest CVC VAT Focus is now available on our website.
This newsletter includes HMRC VAT news and comments on recent VAT cases concerning:
- Whether the supply of goods to a customer who intends to dispatch those goods can be zero-rated.
- Whether the grant of a major interest in a converted dwelling containing a former residential part can be zero-rated.
- Whether the letting of a pre-fabricated temporary classroom is VAT exempt.
- Penalty for understatement of VAT.
- Disallowing credit for input tax.
- Late VAT registration – misunderstanding regarding the VAT liability of supplies.
- VAT liability of supplies in the course of constructing student accommodation.